Post by Magic Strowman on Dec 30, 2013 14:49:44 GMT -5
1. CM Punk 2. Jeff Hardy 3. Batista 4. Edge 5. Big Show
No pictures, no gimmicks
Magic's list of people he's f***ing with rn: John Cena (Da God) Roman Reigns (WWE may not know how to book him but I would still dap up The Big Dawg) Handsome Rusev (Strap him up, WWE) Charlotte (The Queen) Andrade Almas (Swagger for days) Jay Lethal (you tripping if you thought I wouldn't include a brother that's killing the game on this list) Hiroshi Tanahashi (Da God of NJPW) Kazuchika Okada (This boy is too nice)
Post by Gerard Gerard on Dec 30, 2013 15:20:00 GMT -5
In no order really:
Shawn Michaels would rank solely for the surrealistic snapshot of seeing WWF's once golden-wonder hoisting up the competition's belt, yet it also provided a sweet 'cherry-on-top' top to a comeback, 'til about seven months prior, seemed unlikely.
Triple H, for all the flack it gets, made it a title worth coming after. Golberg, HBK and Batista (the other guy too) benefited heavily from taking it from him, and I'd wager, a lot more so than they would have had they taken it from anyone else.
Edge deserves massive props too for not only holding it, but whenever he did, similar to 'H, made it seems like it was 'his' belt. That, in my viewing experience, takes a massive talent, as too often, especially in the modern era, does a guy depend on the championship to make him.
Similar to MMartini above, I'll slot in Hardy/Punk as worthy candidates to define what the belt became, like a rebranding, and what it could've continued to be, had it not become solely the 'other' title, with Punk and Hardy serving as two very different kind of main-eventers that provided a true alternative to the status-quo of big boys and flashing lights.
1. Chris Jericho - His 1st and 2nd reigns were the peak of his serious character 2. Edge - The guy who I identify with the title the most 3. Daniel Bryan - Really enjoyable little title reign that made me a big fan of the guy 4. Shawn Michaels - Nice bit of nostalgia after all those years 5. Dolph Ziggler - Marked out so hard when he won it this year, shame it ended the way it did
1. Kurt Angle - So hot as Champ. Should have beaten Cena for the WWE Title so this reign felt like a compromise slightly but it was a testament to just how over he was at that point. Had classic match with Taker at No Way Out 06 and fun (if short) triple threat with Rey & Orton at Wrestlemania.
2. Daniel Bryan - It was a risk really if you consider how little time WWE dedicated to him leading up to his MITB victory and Title win but he took the ball and ran with it. As we all knew he could. Brilliant feud with Big Show that made him such a great heel even his biggest fans thought he was a dick. Brilliant end segment with Santino at Elimination Chamber that had us believing Santino would win the title. Helped make AJ into a star. Even 18 seconds couldn't derail him.
3. Chris Benoit - Has to be on the list because his title win was the biggest i've marked out over anything wrestling related. I'll leave it at that.
4. King Booker - ALL HAIL KING BOOKER! Absolutely loved this reign, he ended Rey's tedious reign and despite having to deal with boring 'Gimme my title back' Batista made the character work. Segments with Big Show & Cena were gold.
5. Kane - Just because it was a huge mark out moment and I had waited so long for him to hold a World Title again. I was worried he wouldn't last a day again but in the end he held it for 5 months. His promos at that time might have been the best in the company. His matches weren't up to much admittedly but just seeing him as Champ again was a treat.