Post by adamclark52 on Jan 27, 2019 6:10:51 GMT -5
15. Tank 432. This keeps popping up on my Netflix recommendations so I decided to finally watch it. I think it’s a sequel to a movie I never saw. Or part of a franchise I’m unaware of. Or it’s just a movie that never bothered explaining itself. Ambiguity is fine but I had no idea what was going on in this movie aside from they were in a tank. There was also orange powder. And the pooping scene. It had a good score but this was one of the worst movies I’ve seen in a while. Avoid, unless you want to be able to tell your friends you just saw one of the worst movies you’ve seen in your life.
Post by adamclark52 on Jan 28, 2019 3:47:59 GMT -5
16. The Rift: Dark Side of the Moon. Laughably bad. Maybe one of the worst movies I’ve seen in my life. The soundtrack was so loud and in your face that it took away any tension the movie may have had. Funny thing is the music actually wasn’t too bad. Just so f***ing loud. It has Ken Foree in it though.
17. The ReZort. Another terrible zombie movie that Netflix in Canada must have gotten on the cheap. This one wasn’t too bad after the midway point, when the carnage finally started. There’s a zombie leaning PETA (PETZ?) angle in this one that was pretty stupid but something I’m surprised I haven’t seen yet, not that I’ve watched that many zombie movies. But I haven’t seen any zombie movies that take place after humanity has restored order. I was rooting for the undead in this one anyway.
Netflix in Canada sucks so bad. I hope you all realize I watch all this shit as a service to you all. Heed my warnings.
Post by Sir Bayley-is-SD-Women's-Champ on Jan 28, 2019 15:58:06 GMT -5
Watched The King of Comedy,
It's a film I really like, I think elements of the film are clearly before it's time (the hunger for fame by any means is more relevant in the 21st century), and I would probably put it in my top 5 Scorsese movies.
1) The Wraith (1986) 2) FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened (2019)
3) Hardcore Henry (2015) - For some reason kept putting this one off, mostly just because I couldn't make the time for it. While it definitely felt like YouTube creator quality when it came to the lack of plot and cheesy graphics, it was nevertheless very fun and makes me hope for more VR-like movies like this to come along in the future. I think the biggest detraction I can take from the movie is simply the fact that I wish it was all "real-time" with Henry passing out or whatever instead of skipping all over the place with the editing during random action scenes.
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019 16:36:31 GMT -5 by Tenshigure
Post by Sir Bayley-is-SD-Women's-Champ on Jan 31, 2019 4:16:24 GMT -5
Last film watched was Crazy Rich Asians,
got to be honest didn't think the drama and comedy mixed particularly well even if I thought there was some funny moments, in my opinion despite it's critical acclaim I just didn't think it was a particularly great movie.
Post by PONYMANIA8 Mr Jenzie on Jan 31, 2019 22:14:52 GMT -5
for my january movies ..... it started off wonky, then finished horribly, you'll see why!
man of steel - 6 (messy)
in the heart of the sea - 9 (fascinating and wanted it to be longer, just for his carved table and the bottles hanging)
the voices - 8 (a bit mad in the head)
21 and over - 7
fantastic mr fox - 8 (very good)
finding nemo - 8 (sweetly awesome)
finding dory - 9 (and even sweeter awesomness and a genuine uplifting experience)
central intelligence - 6 (daffy actioner with not that much action)
spaceship - 7 (not on a spaceship)
starry eyes - 7 (barely remember it)
the good dinosaur - 10 (gloriously tear jerking and quite superb)
the jungle book 2016 - 7 (a veritable mis-step, but the king louie sequences was definitely the best part)
movie 43 - 7 (found it horribly funny, although wasn't paying attention to the batman skit)
transcendence - 7 (not as good as LUCY)
hardcore henry - 9 (utterly bonkers and inventive)
xxx return of zander cage - 6 (standard action with ropey cgi compositing)
fast and furious 6 - 7 (apart from the tank on bridge and the end, bored me first time i saw it, but it was alright second)
macbeth 2016 - 7 (finally got to watch it right through, after three attempts, because sleepy ..... gorgeous to look at but far too quiet)
life - 3 (GOD AWFUL, one of the worst movies i've ever seen, no logic no drama NO SODDING LIFE, random events and zero explanation to ANYTHING happening, a waste of special effects and tragic twist ending ..... the alien get's to earth and dumbass humans open the ******* DOOR TO THE CAPSULE ..... there, saved you an hour forty five minutes)
I've actually been posting "A Movie A Day" on Instagram since last year and been watching a movie per day for over a year now. This is how 2019 has gone so far. I also review them.
1) The Nice Guys - ****1/2 2) Sicario: Day of the Soldado - *** 3) Bronson - ***1/2 4) Bird Box - **1/2 5) Life - *** 6) Lucy - **1/2 7) The First Purge - ** 8) Silver Linings Playbook - ****1/2 9) Raiders of the Lost Ark - ***1/2 10) The Maze Runner - **** 11) Bad Times At The El Royale - **** 12) Win It All - *1/2 13) Tully - ***1/2 14) BlackKlansman - ****1/2 15) Mom and Dad - ***1/2 16) The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials - *** 17) Eighth Grade - ****1/2 18) The Legend of Tarzan - ** 19) Unsane - ***1/2 20) IO - ** 21) Mission: Impossible - ***
22) Ocean's 8 - *** 23) Beautiful Boy - **** 24) The Space Between Us - ** 25) SWAT - ***1/2 26) Bohemian Rhapsody - **** 27) Leave No Trace - **** 28) Maze Runner: Death Cure - *** 29) Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising - **1/2 30) Isle of Dogs - ****1/2 31) Skyscraper - **1/2 32) Fahrenheit 451 - **1/2
17. Hungerford. So bad, so bad, so bad. Imagine Cloverfield with zero budget, worse writing and horrid over-acting. The only nice thing I can say is that I hated the characters way less than I hated the characters in Cloverfield. I didn’t want to see any of them die. But I only watched this to see how much worse it could get. It may be one of worst movies I’ve seen in my life. And it was the longest hour and fifteen minute movie I’ve ever seen. It felt like three hours.
Post by Sir Bayley-is-SD-Women's-Champ on Feb 2, 2019 9:31:50 GMT -5
Decided to start a new post for February
Goal - 20 Movies
1. Love, Simon - I have to be honest, based on the trailers I saw I judged it, the trailers made it look (ultimately well meaning) but run of the mill in it's execution and it turned out the film is better than that with a lot of likable characters (and some jerks), the film ultimately was a positive experience. 2. Halloween (2018) - it's crazy to think this is either the 2nd, 9th of 11th Halloween film depending which way you look at it (or 10th to feature Michael Myers), this ignores all the sequels even the 2nd one and is a pretty good slasher, thought one of the teen characters was likable and it's a shame when she meets her unfortunate fate. 3. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fun entry into the MCU universe, think I preferred it to the first movie and I'm interested how this all leads into the next Avengers movie. Didn't know Judy Greer was this, so fun to see her in 2 movies so far this month. 4. Black Dynamite - very funny movie, I have a lot of affection for Blaxploitation movies and this is right up my alley. 5. Bowfinger - been a few years since I watched this but it's a funny comedy to me, arguably the last funny movie Eddie Murphy as made so far 6. Ginger Snaps - Haven't watched this since 2000, and it holds up well, I think there is a moment though where it let's down the rest of the movie and it's tone. Great lead performances from Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle. 7. Next Door - James Woods and Randy Quaid become feuding neighbours in this movie from 1994, a black comedy that is not frightened to go dark. I really ended up enjoying this. 8. She's Out Of My League - a few days off on movies to mostly catch up with some television series. This film isn't groundbreaking but enjoyable for what it was, Krysten Ritter is someone I'm a fan of so glad she's in it and Lindsay Sloane as the ex is fun. 9. Life of the Party - there is not much life in this party amirite? Gillian Jacobs and a few others raise a smile, but it's just not a very funny movie. 10. Ralph Breaks The Internet - not as good as the first one but I still enjoyed spending time with these characters.
11. Lethal Weapon - a classic action film, still really enjoyable, realized first time I've watched a LW movie since Gibson's tirade, still holds up well in spite of the Gibson meltdowns.