Post by Trent Valentine on Sept 15, 2010 11:59:03 GMT -5
In 2000 WCW was on pretty much their last legs. But it be constituted as Wrestlecrap? I mean, in 2000 we had..
1. Pointless Shoot Angles.
2. Ric Flair in the Nuthouse(Including a cameo by Scott Hall.)
3. Influx of crappy gimmicks.
4. More segments, not enough wrestling.
5. Ripoffs of characters from WWF. (Asya = Chyna. Buzz Kill = Road Dogg, Lenny Lane = Chris Jericho, Old Age Outlaws = New Age Outlaws, Vince Russo trying to be Vince McMahon by going by Vinny Ru.)
6. Vince Russo on TV Constantly.
7. Mark Madden.
8. Constant celeb appearances.
9. Bait and Switch Angles. (Goldberg being the so called big surprise that no one can stop.)
10. The failed New Blood/Millionaire's Club angle.
11. The WCW Reboot.
12. The Hogan/Russo Shoot.
13. Judy Bagwell on a forklift match.
14. David Arquette is your new WCW Champion.
15. Allowing their young talent (Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and Perry Saturn) to walk out on them.
Oh man..I think I lost IQ points listing all this. But 2000 was not a good year for WCW..especially when not long after all this happened(the following year in fact.) WCW was bought by Vince..ending its legacy. I'm sure that isn't how they wanted to go out.
Post by angryauthor on Sept 16, 2010 17:14:19 GMT -5
Hells yes. That whole year signified the year WCW should have changed their name to Wrestle Crap Wrestling. The wrestling is admittedly redundant in that title, but then again, the wrestling was treated as such in 2000
Post by i.Sarita.com on Sept 27, 2010 6:41:15 GMT -5
I liked WCW in 2000. It was off the wall, crazy, and often really stupid...but it was entertaining and different. It was the Austin/McMahon show. Or the never ending Austin/Rock/HHH show you could say.
Post by shadowangel on Oct 11, 2010 18:25:08 GMT -5
Don't forget the stupid "Stacy Keibler is pregnant"-storyline, it was stupid, it was horrible, all the crap about "Who's the father" and one of the worst matches, if not the worst match i have ever seen (That awful Bra & Panties turned into mud wrestling match against Major Gunns)
There was so much crap going on in that year, it was really unbelievable. So yeah, i think it is wrestlecrap, the whole year.